Thursday, September 07, 2006

Props to Grandma's Apple Pie

'Tis the season of apples. YUM! I bought two bags at the Farmer's Market on Saturday. One for eating and one for baking. I made some tasty "Company Muffins" earlier this week. That recipe will come later. I whipped up 2 of my favorite pies this evening to take to school tomorrow - Grandma's Apple Pie. Growing up, my grandparents had an apple tree in their backyard and I remember my grandma making pies and apple cake. YUM!
Grandma's Apple Pie

Filling:
5-7 c sliced apples (make sure they are suitable for baking)
1/2 c sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix together.

Topping:
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c flour
1/3 c butter

Cut butter into topping and blend with a pastry blender.

After putting filling into a premade pie crust (make one from scratch if you like), sprinkle topping over apple filling.

Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.

No comments: