Sunday, August 06, 2006

What exactly is gelato?

The wives on the bike team always obsess about getting gelato anytime they are in downtown Waukesha. I thought to myself, nothing can top custard! Is this gelato some fruity something, something like sorbet or sherbet? Well, I concede...gelato rocks.

Dictionary.com defines gelato:

Main Entry: gelato
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: an Italian ice cream with almost no air and thereby denser than other ice creams
Etymology: 1929-34;

Usage: pl gelatos, gelati

My "Multicultural Classroom Activities" class visited Divino Gelato last week and now I'm hooked. I had a tasty bowl of mango and chocolate gelati. I was able to sample until my heart was content and I was able to make up my mind about flavors. What a great place, for your "one" scoop, you were able to choose 2 flavors in your bowl. Yum, yum!

I was also excited to see that a gelato joint will be opening here in O-town. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love gelato!
We need a place in Madison- some establishments have gelato, but to my knowledge, no "just gelato" place.