Thursday, April 06, 2006

Renewable Energy



I'm taking this online class about renewable energy sources. It's not quite as interesting as I thought it would be, but tonight I learned a few interesting facts:

  • Beverly Hills is implementing a solar powered parking meter system. You swipe you debit or credit card, all completely solar powered. Good-bye ugly meters! The program originated in Germany.
  • Denmark has an island completely run by renewable energy, including a strawing burning facility.
  • In Borneo or the Phillipines (I can't remember), they use things called AquaCards. This is basically a swipe card system for locals who retrieve their water from a well. They are only dispersed the amount of water they paid for.

I'm looking forward to going to California and seeing the wind farms.

No comments: