Thursday, March 23, 2006

Travel Plans Underway

I'm longing for spring break right now. Chris is off to North Carolina tomorrow for a week of training camp. Although the prospect of training camp doesn't excite me (after a crazy long work out tonight), North Carolina does. The last few years, we've taken a trip down to western NC, Bryson City specifically. Chris has been able to go more regularly than I. Last year, we went in August, a great time to visit - it was right after the tourist season was over. We took an overnight trek into Asheville to see the Biltmore Estate. What an awesome place. And by awesome, I mean size. Unbelievable.

My spring break is not until the week of Easter, the way it should be, I think. So, I've got a few weeks to go. The last few years, I've headed to Florida with my sister. Last year, I went with Lil' E and the folks. We had a good beachy trip. This year, E and I are heading down again, but this time, to accompany our Grandma Geraldine and to stay with Aunt Ginny. It will be a nice four days in warm weather. I can't wait. I feel bad leaving Chris behind, but he would hate it.

As far as other travel plans go, we leave for Ironman Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on June 21 or 22 (I don't remember). After we drop Chris at the airport after Ironman is over - 2 days over, not the night of it, on Tuesday, E and I are off to Seattle and then San Francisco. I can't wait for that. I wish Chris could come along, as he has never been to those places, but it was his idea to go, so that is second best, I guess. Call me nerdy, but I can't wait to visit Alcatraz.

If you have any suggestions for Seattle or San Francisco hot spots, let me know!

No comments: