Thursday, February 16, 2006

SNOW DAY!

Every time there is a forecast for heavy snow, there is that glimmer of hope that a snow day is on its way. Two years ago, we had a chance, every district west of Pewaukee was closed. But, no snow day for us! Good thing I had the superintendent's son in my class and we could give him grief. Poor kid, he was a good sport!

So, it's happened once again. I had that hope there would be no school. Even the Catholic schools in Pewaukee are closed. But, NO LUCK! I have to drive through closed school district on my way to work (along with every other non-teacher) to go to school. I even had my snow day planned.

I remember we had quite a few snow days when I was little, good ol' St. Jude. But, I don't remember what I did during the day. I do remember the walk to school the next day, over piles of snow.

Oh well, maybe next year...

1 comment:

Gina said...

Don't give up hope for this year yet, Dria. March can still bring some really yucky weather!