Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tasty tacos

Lately, we've dined at our fair share of taco joints. No, not Taco Bell or Taco John's... I don't even know where the closest of either of those would be. We were in Madison last week and stopped at Tex Tubb's Taco Palace. We dined at the east location and had some tasty grub! I had a veggie taco, which basically consisted of a bunch of deep friend vegetables with cabbage slaw and sour cream. Tas-ty! I added a fried avocado taco to my plate as well. It all ended up being a little too much fry for me, but it was a new spin on tacos and tasty at that!

Yesterday, I crashed Chris' work lunch to dine at Haute Taco in Brookfield on Capitol Drive. This is a pretty unassuming place in an upscale strip mall, but it too is double tasty. I had a pan-fried tilapia taco, which is by far the best fish taco I've had, along with a blackened halibut and black bean tostada, which was a special of the day. The tostada was marginal. Chris had a scallop taco, which he deemed out of this world. They also had mushroom and asparagus tacos and quesadillas, in addition to a plethora of burritos and interesting meat fixin's. Also, this was by far the best lemonade I've had in awhile!

Both places definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something better than your average taco. Yum.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

We love Tex Tubb's!