Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A doughnut or two (or three)...

I feel like I've blogged about doughnuts before, but they truly deserve multiple postings. Chris has posed the question to me (more than once), what is the best doughnut? I'm afraid I can't answer this question with one simple doughnut answer. In fact, I believe there are more than one category of doughnuts:

1. Cake Doughnuts

I have to say the chocolate cake doughnut with icing ties with plain cake with chocolate icing tie for first place.

2. Yeast Doughnuts

This would be the Krispy Kreme category. I don't care for the KKs. In fact, I feel like I'm eating a pile of sugar covered fat when eating these. If Peanut Persians fit in this category, I'm all over those. They take the "cake" as my favorite doughnut. Yum! Oh wait... Long Johns fit here too! Mmmm.

3. Fruit-related Doughnuts

Can you say apple fritters?

4. Miscellaneous

Crullers fit here. Tasty. Not too much icing needed, though.


Check out Joy the Baker's new sport: Doughnut Hunting!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I'm a big fan of the chocolate yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting (and chocolate iced long johns). I do NOT like doughnuts of the cream-filled variety.
I craved doughnuts during my pregnancy!