Monday, May 26, 2008

The "Official" Start to Summer!

I love 3 day weekends, especially this one, because I KNOW the count down is on until the end of the school year. Four days this week, five the next, and two and a half the following week. YAHOO! I can't wait for summer time. The last few years I have definitely been counting down until the end of the year, but for some reason, perhaps Easter being super early, the end of the year snuck up on me. Needless to say, I'm glad summer is almost here.

I don't really have any exciting plans. I'll be working at the bike shop for some spare change and teaching summer school - yoga, cooking and internet use for first and second graders, how fun is that! There is just something different about working during the summer, not as stressful. We only have one big trip planned - Lake Placid in July. Chris is slated to Ironman out there. We haven't been there before and I think we're planning on making a road trip out of it.

I'm more excited about a different summer job - tackling my summer reading list! I'm always open to book suggestions - anyone have any?

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Like the new look!
Good for you for doing the 1/2 marathon. Our neighbor was doing that run as well!
So, did you make it to Brat Fest after the race!?

Ellen said...

Only a few more days! Hope Chris is healing up ok. I have the Glass Castle for you to read. It is really well done. Next time I see you, I will give it to you.

Enjoy the last few days:)

Whitney said...

Wait a sec; that comment up there was supposed to go with yesterday's post!

My book recommendations: The "Post-Birthday World," "1000 Splendid Suns," and for non-fiction, "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver. Actually, anything by Barbara Kingsolver is good!

Anonymous said...

clearly all you have to do is check out Oprah's book club. DUHH.