Monday, February 05, 2007

The Illusionist


We recently rented The Illusionist starring Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti and Jessica Biel. I picked this one because Edward Norton is one of my FAVORITE actors. I haven't seen a movie he was in that I didn't like.
The movie takes place in turn-of-the-century Vienna. Norton plays Eisenhiem the Illusionist who performs his "magic" tricks during shows in Vienna. He continues to baffle the Police Inspector, played by Giamatti, with his illusions. The Crown Prince insists that his illusions must be figured out! Biel plays the love interest, who was actually a childhood friend who resurfaces as the Duchess. There is murder, love, and deception - and Edward Norton - what else could you ask for?
Check it out when you're looking for a new DVD rental.

5 comments:

Gina said...

If you liked The Illusionist, you should see The Prestige... which is coming out later this month on video. It stars my favorite actor, Christian Bale. It's a good one! I haven't seen The Illusionist yet, but it sounds similiar.

Gina said...

Check out this link:
http://ginagab.blogspot.com/2006/10/prestige.html

dria said...

I remembered your post about The Prestige and I've added it to my Netflix list!

Gina said...

Okay... I tried watching this movie 2 times and I just can't get into it. I fall asleep every time.

dria said...

Bummer... it really is a good movie. I just got The Prestige. I'll let you know how I like this one!