Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yummy, yummy cookies!

Sometimes, Brownberry Ovens which is located in O-town smells like chocolate chip cookies. Today was one of those days. So, it inspired me to bake some cookies of my own. Since I had to stop at the grocery store on my way home from the Y, I searched through all the chocolate chip bags to find a bag that had a recipe that included peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. I found a recipe for double PB cookies and tweeked it a little! Check it out!


REESE'S Double Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter or REESE'S Crunchy Peanut Butter (Crunchy would be better, I used creamy)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips

1/2 cup Mini Morsel Chocolate Chips

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in peanut butter chips; drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 6 cookies per sheet.
3. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

About 1 dozen cookies. (I made them small and got 3 1/2 dozen.)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

yummy.